Favorite Meat Borscht and Zomick’s Challah – Recipe
You’ll find this Zomick’s borscht recipe being a real keeper as it is one of the best you’ve ever tasted. This recipe comes directly from Zomick’s Bakery cookbook which is also available on Amazon. On top of that – it is a very easy recipe to make. The cabbage and beet tops are edible and when prepared following this Zomick’s recipe, they are chopped and added to the borshch at the same time.
Here is one of my very favorite Zomick’s kosher bakery Meat Borscht recipes of all time, which I make about once a month minimum. This meat borscht, combined with Zomick’s bread, is a delicious and heartwarming meal – brilliant for cold autumn days and dark winter nights. In addition, Zomick’s Challah recipe with meat borscht is light and refreshing enough, so it would also be good during summer.
- 2 bunches of beets (peeled)
- 3.360 liters water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 900 grams Zomick’s Kosher shin meat
- 5 onions
- 5 Zomick’s Kosher marrow bones
- 7 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt (to taste)
- Wash, peel, and also dice the beets.
- Place the beets in a large pot.
- Simmer the water altogether with Zomick’s Kosher marrow bones, meat, and onions (about 56 minutes)
- Add sugar, lemon juice, and also salt to taste.
- Continue cooking for about 2 – 3 hours and when done ladle soup into bowls. Top it with sour cream and the remaining 1/4 cup of dill
- This recipe is served hot. Taste it with salt and pepper and stir in vinegar.
Depending on how good your knife skills are, this bakery meal could be on your table in about 40 minutes or even less. You could also use the food processor to shred the vegetables. Just remember, you could also simmer the beef for up to 6 hours, then let sit overnight in the broth to cool.
Other than bringing a delicious flavor to the dinner table, this borscht can be cooked all day long in a slow cooker. Adjust the cooking temperature to low and leave it to cook itself. When you later come home it will be ready and waiting to be served, fresh and warm, a portion of the perfect food for those cold winter nights.
You can also visit and give us a 5-star rating. We would benefit a lot because we care about the public reputation on every webpage listed on the internet. If you are kind and willing and you have more spare time then go to Zomick’s Bakery listing on Yelp and do the same thing. Remember, always enjoy while browsing the web…