Chicken Soup à la Zomick’s Bread Bakery
When it comes to making chicken soup, everybody has their own way. This is a recipe from Zomick’s cookbook which will teach you how to make your favorite chicken soup in a different way and surprise your family with a delicious chicken soup. This Chicken Soup à la Zomick’s comes with a rich, flavorful broth that is just right for serving with Zomick’s bread. Just take a look at this video channel and notice all the great videos which people from the bakery uploaded on Zomick’s YouTube channel.
Zomick’s bread or Challah with a steaming bowl of chicken soup is a welcome meal on a cold day, and it brings more to the table than just flavor. The hot liquid will help soothe a sore throat or keep nasal passages moist. And a hearty Zomick’s bakery chicken soup packed with vegetables may also ease such cold and flu symptoms as congestion and coughs. All in all, the good old-fashioned Zomick’s kosher bakery Chicken Soup is a classic American meal.
- 2 Kosher Chicken or Boilers skinned (cut into 9 pieces for easy handling)
- 4 stalks of celery (halved)
- 9 carrots (peeled and cut into pieces)
- 5 sliced turnips
- 3 sliced parsnips
- 2 large onions (halved)
- 2 rinsed good bunch parsley (or 3 tablespoons of dry parsley)
- 2 tablespoons Chicken bouillon powder (for every 600ml water)
- Clean the Chicken under cold running water.
- Place chicken in a large stockpot and add the vegetables.
- Pour the cold water. On 600ml water add 2 tablespoons of bouillon powder.
- Boil this mixture.
- Turn the heat down to low, cover the pan, and leave it to stay for about 3 – 5 hours.
- Zomick’s bakery tip: You can try it if the soup’s ready with a fork – the chicken should be so soft that it should practically fall away from the bone and also the soup should be golden brown.
- Place the soup into a clean pot and put salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep the soup covered in the fridge, once cooled.
- Simply remove any excess fat on the surface of the soup with a spoon when you are ready to serve it.
- You can serve up rolls of the broth plus some of the vegetables. Remove the herbs, just leave the loosened bits.
This Chicken Soup is gluten-free and very healthy. The soup itself is rich in proteins and has healing qualities for a sore throat. It also helps with the sinuses and makes you feel warm and relaxed. In addition to the Chicken Soup, of your free choice, you can add some rice, egg noodles, celery, onions, parsnips, potatoes, or any vegetables that you come across. This Zomick’s recipe comes with an endless set of options.
We suggest you serve the chicken soup with Challah bread made by our Zomick’s Challah recipe.
If you find this recipe interesting visit Zomick’s Bakery profile on RISD and contribute to their projects by uploading a picture of your favorite dish. There you can find many many recipes or important information, that are posted on a regular daily basis.