Zomick’s Bread with Meat Borscht and Zomick’s Challah – Recipe
Favorite Meat Borscht and Zomick’s Challah – Recipe
Here is one of my very favorite Zomick’s kosher bakery Meat Borscht recipes of all times, which I make about once a month minimum. This meat borscht, combined with Zomick’s bread, is delicious and heartwarming meal – brilliant for cold autumn days and dark winter nights. In addition, Zomick’s Challah recipe with meat borscht is light and refreshing enough, so it would also be good during summer.
- 2 bunches of beets (peeled)
- 3.360 liters water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 900 grams Zomick’s Kosher shin meat
- 5 onions
- 5 Zomick’s Kosher marrow bones
- 7 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt (to taste)
- Wash, peel and also dice the beets.
- Place the beets in a large pot.
- Simmer the water all together with Zomick’s Kosher marrow bones, meat and onions (about 56 minutes)
- Add sugar, lemon juice, and also salt to taste.
- Continue cooking for about 2 – 3 hours and when done ladle soup into bowls. Top it with sour cream and remaining 1/4 cup dill
- This recipe is served hot. Taste it with salt and pepper and stir in vinegar.
Depending on how good your knife-skills are, this Zomick’s bakery meal could be on your table in about 40 minutes or even less. You could also use the food processor to shred the vegetables. Just remember, you could also simmer the beef for up to 6 hours, then let sit overnight in the broth to cool.