Zomick’s Bakery – Challah recipe from Zomick’s kosher bakery
Crepes à la Zomick’s Bakery perfect for Soups Pasta strips or Blintz
Here at Zomick’s we know that our costumer like crepes. That is because our crapes are used for making a variety of dishes, whether they are sweet or savory.
Today you can find many recipes for potato starch crepes. But the majority of those recipes require you combine eggs and potato starch in high ratio, which adds to the cost of the crapes. This is one of the recipes found in Zomick’s cookbook which will show you how to prepare gluten free Crepes à la Zomick’s.
Crepes originate from Europe, France more precisely, the home of gourmet food. At Zomick’s bakery, we make them very thin. Using this traditional Zomick’s Challah recipe, these crepes come out really crispy. The taste of Zomick’s kosher bakery crepes is very similar to our Zomick’s bread except that they are moister, lighter and thinner; they are always served hot. The secret to Crepes à la Zomick’s Bakery success lies in the kosher potato starch. We give you the best “Zomick’s Kosher Recipe” developed over the years with baking and tasting.
- 9 eggs
- 90 mI potato starch
- 350 mI water
- 0.70 mI salt
- 6 mI sugar
- cooking oil
- Place the eggs, potato starch, water, salt and sugar in a bowl and blend.
- Add a tablespoonful or so of cooking oil on a preheated (non-stick or cast-iron) frying pan.
- Reduce to moderate the cooking hearth.
- Mix well the flour and egg mixture prior placing it onto the preheated frying pan.
- Add in mere enough of the mixture of flour and also egg to thinly coat the frying cooking pan (if you place in too much you will be making an omelet).
- Leave the flour/eggs mixture until golden brown, then flip it over adding more cooking oil if needed.
- Let dry and cool either on a paper towel or paper plate.
- Repeat the procedure all over again, until spending the whole flour/eggs mixture (It is crucial to beat the flour/eggs mixture well prior to every addition).
- Roll blintz leaves and thinly slice into spirals.
Here at Zomick’s kosher bakery, we serve both sweet and savory crepes. Our Zomick’s bakery crepes are light and healthy for any time of the day.
If you prefer using something other than potato starch, for this Crepes à la Zomick’s recipe, you can replace it with corn starch or some other starch.
Here is a piece of our web portfolio contains many useful links with a ton of relevant information about Zomick’s