Crepe Filing Meat and Mushroom Recipe by Zomick’s Kosher Bakery
This Zomick’s recipe will guide you how to make lovely light savory crepes that come with many flavors. The recipe is great for using up leftover meat and mushrooms. Crepes can also be panned and fried ahead, then just fill and grill them up some other day.
This is a traditional Zomick’s challah prepared following the strict rules from Karshut. These savory crepes taste pretty much like Crepes à la Zomick’s Bakery, however, take considerably longer to make than the cheese crepes. But they are definitely worth trying and are good in combination with our Zomick’s bread. That might be the reason why I see more of the meat-stuffed crepes next to the challah at our family and friends gatherings.
Zomick’s crepes are always a tasty treat. They are common on the dinner table, both sweet and savory. A simple tip is that crepes can be made ahead and then refrigerated. They can be used as a wonderful way to make use of leftover meat. If you haven’t made your crepes following this Crepe Filing Meat and Mushroom Recipe yet, then try this and you’ll be surprised. Although this Zomick’s recipe may seem a bit long, don’t be scared – you’ll enjoy at the end.
- 2-3 tablespoonfuls olive oil
- 2/3 cup diced onions
- 2/3 teaspoonful cumin
- 2 2/3 – 3 pounds Kosher Zomick’s ground beef or turkey
- 3 cups button mushrooms (diced)
- 2 cans Tomato Juice
- For Stuffing: Place the onions in olive oil and cumin in a large frying pan, until translucent.
- Add the chopped meat in the frying pan, stirring and breaking apart the meat with a spoon.
- Once the meat light brown, add the Tomato Juice and cover the frying pan.
- Let meat blend stand and reduce for about 4-5 minutes.
- Uncover and add the diced mushrooms.
- Mix well and cover the cooking pan, let mushrooms cook in meat Juice for another 5 – 6 minutes.
- Uncover and remove from the oven.
- Reduce the oven to moderate heat. Lay out the crepe in a well-oiled cooking pan.
- Fill in the meat, and then fold the crepe.
- Fry about 4 – 5 minutes, or until crepe is slightly golden brown.
- Remove and serve with extra meat Juice (for garnishing).
Note: If you haven’t tried the meat-filled crepes, you will come to find out why they are the best breakfast food ever. It is truly a wonderful treat! And you will definitely win your family with our the bread made following the well-known Zomick’s Challah recipe. They will enjoy these delicious crepes if they are crepes kinda guys.
A tip from Zomick’s kosher bakery suggests you can fry the crepes one day before and the next day just fills and grill them and they are ready to be served.
We have been quite active on our social networks lately, so you can connect with Zomick’s at LinkedIn and share your experiences in from the culinary field. We believe that LinkedIn is a great tool for social interaction, so this is why we’ll try to be as active as possible.